With Te Puke Truffles
Every Friday, Saturday and Sunday from
21st May – 18th July, 11am – 2pm
‘In fine, the truffle is the very diamond of gastronomy.’
Jean Anthelme Brillat-Savarin, 1787
- Want to go on the ultimate foodie experience? Following on from last year’s success, Kitchen Takeover and Te Puke Truffles have teamed up again to offer our foodie tribe a rare and memorable experience that brings together the best of the Bay of Plenty’s produce and people.
Since 2015 Maureen and Colin, owners of Te Puke Truffles have been harvesting some of the best quality truffles in New Zealand. Now they want to invite you onto their lifestyle farm to go on a once in a lifetime experience and hunt a truffle every Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 11-2pm from 21st May to 18th July.
You will get to go on a search with their truffle hunting dog Jed as he helps you sniff out a black Perigord truffle at the height of the truffle season which only lasts from late to May through to July. Once you have found your edible treasure, you will have the opportunity to taste the truffles in a host of different ways with tasty morsels developed in partnership with Te Puke Truffles and Kitchen Takeover’s Head Chef Rob Forsman.
For those buying this as a Christmas or birthday gift, we can organise a gift voucher for you which we can email to you. Please select this option at the checkout.
The truffière is a short 5 minute walk from the house. For those who need assistance there is an option to be driven to the site where the truffles are harvested.
What does the day look like?
- 11am – Arrive at Te Puke Truffle’s farm in Paengaroa
- 11.15am – Complimentary morning tea and a chance to learn all about truffles and how the truffle farm was created
- 12.00pm – Truffle hunting
- 1.00pm – Complimentary truffle tastings – everything from salt to cheese, butter to popcorn. You will have the opportunity to buy fresh truffle or truffle products from Maureen and Colin’s range of truffle treats if you wish.
- 2.00pm – Time to head off
When are the hunts?
Friday 11 / Friday 16th / Sunday 18th July
The following dates are sold out:
- Friday 28th, Saturday 29th and Sunday 30th May
- Friday 4th, Saturday 5th and Sunday 6th June
- Friday 11th, Saturday 12th and Sunday 13th June
- Friday 25th, Saturday 26th and Sunday 27th June
- Friday 2nd, Saturday 3rd and Sunday 4th July
- Friday 9th, Saturday 10th July
- Saturday 17th July
Where are the hunts taking place?
Te Puke Truffles – 298 Maungarangi Road, Paengaroa.
The cost of the hunt and tastings $89 per ticket plus a small booking fee. 10% of the booking fee goes to a better start for disadvantaged Māori and Pasifika students.
“Yet another fabulous addition to the Kitchen Takeover experience. A unique opportunity to hear and view first hand from a local grower what it takes to grow and harvest truffles. Who knew this was on our doorstep. A fun, fact filled, record breaking truffle find experience, capped off with some superb tasting treats. Highly recommended.” Mandy Jarvis
“What an engaging and interesting experience. Colin and Maureen are passionate and fabulous hosts who obviously love what they do. We loved both the tasting and the hunting.” Sonia Tibble
“Had a wonderful day out with my mum learning about the fascinating black truffles. A beautiful picturesque property with wonderful friendly hosts and amazing tastings!” Charlotte Taylor
Got a question?
Please contact Stacey Jones at Kitchen Takeover on 022 369 8334 or email firstname.lastname@example.org