With Te Puke Truffles
Friday, Saturday and Sunday
June – July 2022, 11am – 2pm
‘In fine, the truffle is the very diamond of gastronomy.’
Jean Anthelme Brillat-Savarin, 1787
The Bay’s ultimate foodie experience?
Truffle hunting 2022 is here!
Want to go on the ultimate foodie experience? Following on from two years of happy hunters, Kitchen Takeover and Te Puke Truffles have teamed up again to offer our foodie tribe a rare and memorable experience that brings together the best of the Bay of Plenty’s produce and people.
Since 2015 Maureen and Colin, owners of Te Puke truffles have been harvesting some of the best quality truffles in New Zealand. Now they want to invite you onto their lifestyle farm to go on a once in a lifetime experience and hunt a truffle.
You will get to watch the action as truffle hunting dog Jed sniffs out a black Perigord truffle at the height of the truffle season which only lasts from late to May through to end July. Once you have found your edible treasure, you will have the opportunity to taste the truffles in a host of different ways created by Te Puke Truffles.
Fancy a lunch after?
This year we have added the option of a 2 course lunch featuring fresh truffle from Te Puke Truffles for $49 at The Trading Post following the hunt. The Trading Post is a beautiful little French bistro just a 5 minute drive from the truffle farm. We are offering a gluten free or vegetarian option for lunch but are unable to cater for vegans. You can simply add this option on at the check out.
What does the day look like?
- 10am – Arrive at Te Puke Truffle’s farm in Paengaroa
- 10.15am – Complimentary morning tea and a chance to learn all about truffles and how the truffle farm was created
- 11.00pm – Truffle hunting
- 12.00pm – Complimentary truffle tastings – everything from salt to cheese, butter to popcorn. You will have the opportunity to buy fresh truffle or truffle products from Maureen and Colin’s range of truffle treats if you wish.
- 1.00pm – Time to head off or continue on to The Trading Post for a two course truffle lunch.
When are the events?
- Friday 3rd June, Sunday 5th June
- Friday 10th June, Saturday 11th June Sunday 12th June
- Friday 17th June, Saturday 18th June, Sunday 19th June
- Sunday 26th June
- Friday 1st July, Saturday 2nd July, Sunday 3rd July
- Friday 8th July, Saturday 9th July, Sunday 10th July
- Friday 15th July, Saturday 16th July, Sunday 17th July
- Friday 22nd July, Saturday 23rd July, Sunday 24th July
- Friday 29th July, Saturday 30th July, Sunday 31st July
Where are the hunts taking place?
Te Puke Truffles – 298 Maungarangi Road, Paengaroa.
The cost of the hunt and tastings $99 per person. If you want to add on the optional truffle lunch this is a $49 includes two courses.
“Yet another fabulous addition to the Kitchen Takeover experience. A unique opportunity to hear and view first hand from a local grower what it takes to grow and harvest truffles. Who knew this was on our doorstep. A fun, fact filled, record breaking truffle find experience, capped off with some superb tasting treats. Highly recommended.” Mandy Jarvis
“What an engaging and interesting experience. Colin and Maureen are passionate and fabulous hosts who obviously love what they do. We loved both the tasting and the hunting.” Sonia Tibble
“Had a wonderful day out with my mum learning about the fascinating black truffles. A beautiful picturesque property with wonderful friendly hosts and amazing tastings!” Charlotte Taylor
Do I need to be vaccinated to attend this event?
No, the mandates are no longer in place.
Got a question?
Please contact Stacey Jones at Kitchen Takeover on 022 369 8334 or email firstname.lastname@example.org