Truffle Hunt & Tasting Gift Voucher
Want to give the gift of the ultimate foodie experience? Following on from last year’s success, Kitchen Takeover and Te Puke Truffles have teamed up again to offer our foodie tribe a rare and memorable experience that brings together the best of the Bay of Plenty’s produce and people.
Since 2015 Maureen and Colin, owners of Te Puke Truffles have been harvesting some of the best quality truffles in New Zealand. Now they want to invite you onto their lifestyle farm to go on a once in a lifetime experience to join Jed the dog as he hunts out truffles on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays from 11-2pm from 3rd June – 31st July. Then you will have the chance to taste the truffle in a host of different ways.
The gift voucher offers the opportunity to go on a search with Maureen, Colin and their truffle hunting dog Jed as they help sniff out a black Perigord truffle at the height of the truffle season which lasts from June through to July. Once you have found your edible treasure, you will have the opportunity to taste the truffles in a host of different ways with tasty morsels created by Te Puke Truffles.
For those buying this as a Christmas gift, we will organise a printable gift voucher for you which we will email to you.
The truffière is a short 5 minute walk from the house. For those who need assistance there is an option to be driven to the site where the truffles are harvested.
What does the day look like?
- 11am – Arrive at Te Puke Truffle’s farm in Paengaroa
- 11.15am – Complimentary morning tea and a chance to learn all about truffles and how the truffle farm was created
- 12.00pm – Truffle hunting
- 1.00pm – Complimentary truffle tastings – everything from salt to cheese, butter to popcorn. You will have the opportunity to buy fresh truffle or truffle products from Maureen and Colin’s range of truffle treats if you wish.
- 2.00pm – Time to head off
When can the voucher be redeemed?
- Friday 3rd June, Sunday 5th June
- Friday 10th June, Sunday 12th June
- Friday 17th June, Saturday 18th June, Sunday 19th June
- Friday 24th June, Saturday 25th June, Sunday 26th June
- Friday 1st July, Saturday 2nd July, Sunday 3rd July
- Friday 8th July, Saturday 9th July, Sunday 10th July
- Friday 15th July, Saturday 16th July, Sunday 17th July
- Friday 22nd July, Saturday 23rd July, Sunday 24th July
- Friday 29th July, Saturday 30th July, Sunday 31st July
Where are the hunts taking place?
Te Puke Truffles – 298 Maungarangi Road, Paengaroa.
The cost of the hunt and tastings $99 per person. We will issue a voucher with code that can be redeemed online.
“Yet another fabulous addition to the Kitchen Takeover experience. A unique opportunity to hear and view first hand from a local grower what it takes to grow and harvest truffles. Who knew this was on our doorstep. A fun, fact filled, record breaking truffle find experience, capped off with some superb tasting treats. Highly recommended.” Mandy Jarvis
“What an engaging and interesting experience. Colin and Maureen are passionate and fabulous hosts who obviously love what they do. We loved both the tasting and the hunting.” Sonia Tibble
“Had a wonderful day out with my mum learning about the fascinating black truffles. A beautiful picturesque property with wonderful friendly hosts and amazing tastings!” Charlotte Taylor
Do I need to be vaccinated to attend this event?
At this stage, we do not know what the situation will be by June. Therefore, we will confirm if this is a requirement closer to the time. However, if you are not vaccinated and it is a requirement, we will offer you a full refund.
Got a question?
Please contact Stacey Jones at Kitchen Takeover on 022 369 8334 or email firstname.lastname@example.org